Per MCL Section 388.1606 (4) (l) Uplift Michigan Online School can only enroll students who shall be less than 20 years of age on September 1 of the school year or who are less than 26 years of age as of September 1 of the current school year AND have a valid/active IEP.
Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1st.
Any general education student who is less than 20 years of age as of September 1, and does not already hold a GED or high school diploma, will be eligible to enroll. Any special education student who turns twenty-six (26) years old before September 1 and has a current IEP will be eligible to enroll.
You must reside in the state of Michigan.
Though Uplift Michigan Online School is a virtual school, our students must meet in person for state standardized assessments and have the opportunity to meet during in-person field trips. Therefore, our students must meet the Michigan requirements for school-age vaccinations and provide proof of vaccinations or waiver from your county’s local health department. Required vaccinations include:
DTP or DTaP, Polio, MMR, Hepatitis B, Meningococcal, and Varicella. Vaccine requirements vary by age/grade. Please speak with your healthcare provider about which vaccinations your child may need.
*The COVID-19 vaccination is not a required immunization for Michigan school children. We will update our policies. For now, this vaccination is not required to attend Uplift.
Medical and Personal Exemptions
*Michigan may allow for medical, religious, or personal exemptions in certain circumstances, for immunizations. However, parents not wishing or unable to have their children vaccinated must obtain a waiver to enroll in Uplift Michigan Online School. Parents seeking immunization waivers in Michigan must obtain a waiver, from the Department of Health and Human Services, to enroll in Uplift Michigan Online School
An official birth certificate for each child must be provided to verify age eligibility.
If an official birth certificate cannot be provided, a notarized affidavit along with one of the following documents will be required:
- Baptismal certificate indicating date and place of birth
- County, military, immigration records or passport
- Doctor or hospital records accompanied by sworn statements
- A sworn statement from a parent or guardian (notarized)
- Court records
- Life Insurance Policy
To verify state residency upon enrollment please provide one of the following documents. All proofs of residency must show the student’s current address and match the address on the student’s enrollment forms. Utility bills must include both service and mailing addresses. To ensure proper address documentation, please provide a full copy, including all pages, of any bill or statement being submitted.
Possible Documents for Proof of residency can include:
- Gas, electric, internet, trash, propane oil or water bill
- Mortgage statement
- Current lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- An official voter registration card
Other Required Documents for Enrollment are:
- Immunization Records OR Waiver certified by your local health department.
- Academic Records from the previous school, including transcripts and/or previous report cards.
- Copy of parent’s driver’s license or state identification card.
- IEP, 504, and/or other special education documentation (special education students ONLY).
- Vision/Hearing Screening for students entering Kindergarten
- If the student’s legal residence, decisions regarding education, or custody is shared you must provide a current custody order during enrollment.
- Additional Documents
- Student photo for identification during state testing (can include student’s driver’s license, state identification card, passport, visa, or a standard, clear photo.
- Benchmark and/or state assessment data from the previous school year.
The Uplift Passionate Team
We pride ourselves in creating a family atmosphere, caring for a student both academically and as an individual. Uplift Michigan Online School has a rigorous curriculum along with small class sizes and teachers who go above and beyond daily for their students.
We provide you:
• A learning atmosphere with high expectations and lots of support.
• Curriculum and support options for at-risk students.
• Certified and highly qualified teachers.
• Services and support for students with special needs.
• A plan for graduation.
• A flexible learning environment.